Sunday, January 26, 2014

Game Plan 2014.doc.

Garage 51yum cha session with Victoria. Victoria brought me to this place – it is a new-ish coffee & cafe establishment by Coffee Societe which is located near the side gates of Sunway University. They are famed for their splendid coffee. I am quite surprise to find such an establishment in this industrial area. The area around Sunway University holds many car workshops and mechanics, and I suppose the name Garage is an apt name. Garage 51 is definitely the first F&B place of its kind in that area - kinda makes me wish that I had some cool place like this to hang out back then in between classes when I was in Olympia College, but then again, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it on my allowances at that time anyway. The atmosphere in Garage 51 was inviting and looked very promising, with a pleasant aroma of coffee and the happy chatter of many people on a Saturday afternoon in the air. Standing out on a street of auto workshops, Garage 51 hums with positive energy & friendliness. I really like how new coffee places are now mushrooming all over the city, with many of them offering really good quality coffee with some rather nice & quirky concepts. Gone were the days where espresso based coffee is only found at commercialized Starbucks and Coffee Beans. As for the café interior, like the name suggests, it is based on a garage theme. Long tables, minimalist approach and there is a big container at the back of the café and seating atop a container which is now a kitchen gives this place a pretty unique ambiance and I also really like the expansive high ceiling within the main area. It was also so pretty, serene, spacious and “naturally constructed”.

Love the Saturday afternoon chatting & gossips sharing with Victoria :)

No comments: