Monday, February 10, 2014

Try. Try Harder. Try Continuously. Try Again.



Work Tales – today, I don’t know whether I should feel like this :) or like this :(

Leaflet FB Part 2 & Part 3 – Ursula came in to my room this morning and say that the proposals are ok. No changes. I was shocked. I mean...I expected that there will be many adjustments on the template; just like the Part 1. I know that Ursula’s expectations are very high. She is driven, business-savvy, ambitious, confident and extremely self-assured of her own abilities and while waiting for Ursula to feedback to me on my work…the waiting period…it just drives me insane. I have to ask her three times to make sure. Weird. Not like her at all. Ursula needs to prove herself this year. She needs to deliver better figures than Leonardo, nail the results and also to show that she can manage me better than Leonardo. Nonetheless, it’s funny, but when you get a bit of praise from her, it actually goes a long, long way, more so than anyone else saying 'well done' to you. Is this for real?

Ursula commented that I am more confident in speaking to her regarding my local suppliers right now than I first joined her department. I don’t know. I still think that something is very wrong somewhere. I can feel that she is not on a full force momentum yet or to put her whole heart & soul into this department. Like how she does with Christy's. Is this for real?

2014 Contract – I just finish this homework over the weekend, slogging through my Saturday & Sunday. Then Ursula only makes changes to my Top 7 suppliers, and the rest to follow my proposal. I didn’t even have the time to double-check whether my calculations and formula were right or wrong. Sure or not this Ursula? Or she wants me to drop dead? Is this a trap? Am I being set-up here? Is this for real?

Went down to Great Eastern Mall for a store visit. Celtic updated me the schedule that Celtic will visit the store in the afternoon. Coincidence, Nancy also called me to come for the store visit as well. I check with Ursula, if she goes, I will follow. If she is not going, then I will follow Celtic. So, in the end, Ursula is not going, so I followed Celtic, Barry & Madeleine. I also don't know the way there. Then, mana tahu – I guess…the whole office people are talking about it. Even Paige asks me why I joined the other gang, didn’t go with my own team members. I follow Leonardo’s team, even though Leonardo didn’t join us. Nancy also add on more fire…by asking Ursula why Gerrard didn’t follow us down today.

So how now…is all these for real?

No comments: