Saturday, January 06, 2007

Love At First Stripe!

The British Armies moved in swiftly. They surveyed the terrain, marked the X-spots on the important territories and quickly put everything into motion. They were focus, determined and passionate; very different from The Dutch. Introductions went around, from the low-ranking officers to the Lieutenant, Captain and General ranks. I remember vividly, such a scenario; I only get to experience them from my College & Uni days through the business textbooks, economics journals & industries case studies – all theoretical information but to actually gain first-hand experience of such an event like this week was very educational. I see myself as nothing to lose. I don’t see the need to go. No need to raise Code Red for now…but we shall see…after all, we are anak tiri :) I can sense that we are not a priority but excess baggage. Nonetheless, I have projects to look forward to. I’m still cracking my head for this year strategies. The category hits 1.5 millions :) The benchmark has been raised. I need to deliver & perform.
Seth, Celtic & Wyatt has been putting ideas into my head, they were like going on a brainwashing rampage. Again, I don’t give a damn :) I have better things to do & to think about!

The Director is back! Drop by to see how we are doing. The Director was in glittering form. It was a sweet visit :)

Eye On Malaysia – the giant Ferris Wheel in Taman Tasik Titiwangsa will be launch today. I can’t wait to sit on it, must plan for a day trip :) The Ferris Wheel is 60m high and is fitted with 42 gondolas. One VIP gondola is fitted with glass flooring, leather seats, tinted glass, plasma screen, DVD player & a refrigerator – which I’m sure the Prime Minister will have the honor. The wheel runs at 0 to 1.5 rpm (revolution per minute) and when one reaches the peak, one will be able to view KL’s significant landmarks – Petronas Twin Towers, KL Tower, Istana Budaya and even Genting Highlands. The wheel takes approximately 12 minutes to make a full circle and can accommodate up to 336 people & carrying a weight of 25 tonnes. RM30 million is being funded to build this toy in conjunction with Visit Malaysia 2007 and it’s the largest transportable wheel with SwissGerman technology from The Netherlands. The RM15 entrance fee will be worth it.

AirAsia X – Guess what: Malaysians are now able to fly to Manchester at the cheapest air ticket = RM9.99! Crazy or what. Tony Fernandes, the MAN behind AirAsia came up with another aviation Business Model – the launch of the Malaysia’s maiden long-haul, low-cost carrier. AirAsia & AirAsia X business will be run separately but the same tag AirAsia will be continue to use for branding purposes. The KL – UK route will be ready for take-off in July and more destinations will be added on later. This is so cool. That means I can go to Liverpool for as low as RM300! :) But there is a catch. Low-cost means no-frills. No food served and in-house entertainment. But who cares. We get to save so much. I don’t mind. With the money save, I have more cash to spend in the UK. The whole country is really proud. Malaysia have its very own Richard Branson; the founder of the Virgin Group who owns Virgin Blue Airlines.

Analyst Forecast – Local Economics & Fund Managers said that good times are ahead for Malaysians. 9MP Projects rollout, Visit Malaysia 2007, a stronger Ringgit – will be able to sustain this country’s economic growth and improve corporate earnings. Well, some industry like Tourism, Retail, Construction & Aviation will make it and some won’t :)

No comments: