Saturday, July 04, 2020

Storm Chasers




In my experience, however, I don't have to chase storms in life - they seem to be chasing me. That experience is mirrored by Psalm 107 as it describes sailors trapped in a storm. They were being chased by the consequences of their wrong choices but the Psalmist says, they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea was hushed. They were glad when it grew calm.

Whether the storms of life are of our own making or the result of living in a broken world, our Father is greater. When we are being chased by storms, He alone is able to calm them - or to calm the storm within us.

Thank You Father, that You're with me in my struggles and Your power is greater than any storm on my horizon.

No comments: