Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday Blues

Something was missing today…the voice; Ronnie’s voice…no longer lingering around the room. The space has become somewhat lifeless and hollow yet I’m actually very happy with Ronnie’s departure from M13. Don’t get me wrong! Ronnie is great…my time under Ronnie’s charge has been very educational albeit some un-pleasurable disagreements. But it just feels strange of not hearing those razor-sharp words spitting out from Ronnie’s acid tongue anymore…words that could pierce deeply into your heart and kill off your self-esteem once and for all. I still have the picture of Mikhail’s tearing lost face (Mikhail has eventually left) imprinted in my mind. I was terrified; knowing that I’m very vulnerable in the inside as well. I remembered one late evening where I told Seth that I’m not sure whether I can do this; I don’t want to wet my pillows at night. At times, I too wonder if the Feng Shui of the room has anything to do with this or was it me who jinx Ronnie? Since my arrival, Ronnie has lost 4 bureaucrats; first it was Gracie, followed by Ali, Mikhail and Abbott. Some in the know said that it was Ronnie’s short fuse that drove them away. By all means, Ronnie is not nasty – just a very scheming perfectionist that expects work to be carried out fast, efficient and no mistakes. I (being the inexperienced who has put my foot in the wrong places and stepping on Ronnie’s cute toes occasionally), of course has not been spared either but luckily the blow was gentle and did not knock me off my feet. I guess perfectionists are critical and hard to please. But for now, Ronnie can go and terrorize someone else somewhere.
Meanwhile, everyone is looking forward of the arrival of our new Danish Director; especially Boss. I’m sensing that Boss is plotting something and one of Boss must do list is to get rid of me. Boss finds it hard to control and slowdown a rebel that has a mind of her own. Besides, Boss has the connections and the finest troops in the camp – Thor, Aurora, Guillermo and Joachim. And guess what, I don’t give a damn!

The F1 race is coming to an end. Wasn’t it a colorful season? It’s boring when one team dominates the entire sport. It was so refreshing to see young drivers (Alonso, Kimi, Montoya) dethrone the senior Schumacher. The fall of the Red Baron was so joyous to watched :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh heh --- are you using pseudonyms too?

Anonymous said...

Hey yingze...
The boss is out to get you??
well that seems to be happening a lot lately .. even here at this company too.. everyone is out to get someone or something...
Hey i guess ferarri has lost it touch... but schumy is expected too lose sooner rather than later.. i just wish it was not this year.. oh well... not all wish came true eyyy...
kimi is now my favourite driver.. after schumy of course... he'll kick alonso butt's next year for sure :)