Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Double Date

It was a disaster.
I don’t think Trix and Miss Klein will favor anymore blind dates after this. They make very little progress with their respective dates. The plan was to have them with 2 unknown strangers to have dinner at HALO, and later proceed to some night entertainment elsewhere. Instead we have a fusion dinner, casual conversations and was entertained by a live band who churned out canto-pop & mando-pop songs for 6 straight hours.
You see, Tommy has sort of set up a so-called not-for-profit Match-Making Agency with the aim to reduce the number of bachelors & bachelorettes in M13. So far, none of Tommy’s clients have found any success; including me (i joined in for the fun) :)
Finding a guy in urban KL is easy. Finding the right one – that’s difficult. What’s more the whole Eve population has already outnumbered the Adam population. In M13, the scenario is much worst. The ratio is 1:12.
In my humble experience, all the good ones has already been taken – only left the not-so-good ones and yet we have to compete for these not-so-good ones as well :) I’m in no rush to get my matrimony license and status. I think all the young ladies out there should live life, earn a living, buy properties and secure oneself first. And if you are lucky enough to find Mr. Right – then the cherry just completes your pie. As for me – I’m about to start to live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Match making doesnt really work eyy?... i dont really believe in match making.. though having said that, i once match make a friend of mine... well they didnt go all the way but they dated for about a year or so... I actually have a thing for the girl but since my friends kinds sense it.. and i dont want it to be known.. so i match make her with this friend of mine... and to my horror they click right away... but i was 16 then... now i'm better at keeping away those touchy feeling... you gotta live life first right ??
ahahaha