Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Let’s just say that I have one misfortune after another.

First the van broke down due to a clutch problem. Then it broke down for the second time because of some clog; somewhere. So it comes highly recommended from the family mechanic that I start using Shell or Caltex petrol instead of the national brand. Apparently foreign brands are more unadulterated.

My house desktop has been infected with an unknown virus – thus some of the programs remain inaccessible.

I have been spending my hard earned money unwisely – I couldn’t even see the physical goods that I have bought. I’m officially bankrupt for this month.

Miss Klein’s official resignation was announced – even the Boss’s pet and the majority’s favorite is not safe. My shelf life is not that far away as well. Fine…I’m doing what is required of me right now and avoid the unnecessary limelight. They are fighting for survival and I’m not. So ignorant is bliss :) A friendly reminder from Miss Klein - ‘When you need to be stupid, be stupid. When you must be smart, be smart’.
The past year has been very enriching with a very steep learning curve where I have learned lots. I have plans – ok, it’s not concrete at the moment but still there is a Plan A and Plan B on how I want to develop myself in all the concern areas.

The only good thing that happens to me this week is when my workstation processor has been upgraded to a sleek black HP-Compaq 7540 with a 17 inch monitor and I was given a brand new white Panasonic phone (courtesy of the Facilities Manager) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ying,

Funny, someone once told me that caltex is not a good choice. even though i used it for like forever 'cause the station is nearby my house....
Have you scanned your PC with any anti-virus program... it's always good to have an uptodate virus definiton to help protect your PC..
so update your antivirus.. and it should do the job...
wahh lucky you... i still used the old cream coloured PC at the data centre...

Anonymous said...

home equity loans