Saturday, May 27, 2006

My October Coffee

Finally it’s weekend. I’m supposed to join Tommy & Nikolai for K but I just have to pass. I am drop dead exhausted. The whole body is aching and is screaming for some pampering. So I’m just staying indoors tonight. The week has been such a headache! Problems that demands immediate solutions, last minute insufficiencies, change of plans, the list just goes on. Nonetheless, some events have kept me entertained. I’m already immune to all these. Whenever a memo is being circulated, I’ll just go ‘Oh. OK. Not Surprise’. Then, Tommy, Nikolai and myself will be guessing who’s next. We’re rascals! :) For me, the happenings are sending out all the wrong signals. It’s not a good indication. Confidence, motivation and stability are being thrown out of the window bit by bit. I’m sure Boss will use all the power to bring Lucius back. Lucius still have the value that will benefit Boss & Co. unlike Cili Padi and Kurt - they are gone for good.
And of course Celtic and Wyatt’s competitive antics keeps me entertain as well. They tickle me. There is only one throne. At times the second-in-line may bypass the heir.

I am so disappointed. The movie was such a letdown. I was expecting something great coming out from Tom Hanks and Ron Howard. The book was such a good read (with the advantage of being more descriptive of course and I know what's the next scene is all about) but the movie was flat. When I read about Silas character, I can actually feel his pain, his doubts but the movie was bloodless. I don’t feel the fast-pace, the thrill – overall it’s just not that good. It’s a pale comparison to the book.

No comments: