Friday, May 12, 2006

Voyeurism

A very busy week. I am so happy that today is a Public Holiday. If it weren’t, I don’t think I can show up for work today :) I’m exhausted. I just want to be in bed and sleep the whole day.
Two extremely big projects to keep an eye on & Seth and Celtic just came back from Canton, so there were many follow-up to do. The workstation now resembles a war zone. The next 49 days is going to be very grueling. The pressure is there, everyone is feeling the heat already. It has been made very clear that we are expected to perform and deliver a resounding Q2 results! Of course Wyatt has been helpful…and annoying…and nosy…and…this dude just got a real attitude problem! – and Celtic is worried.
Celtic is made of good character but the competitiveness, highly ambitious and insecurities somehow overshadow it. Celtic wants to be at the top…alone…and no one else. The reason Celtic brought Wyatt in was to keep an eye on me…and if possible to replace me. But Celtic miscalculated. Wyatt is growing up too fast – thanks to Celtic for being such a good teacher and the limitless freedom that Celtic has given him in the first place (barely 2 months here, Celtic already approved Wyatt to do the hard-core work task. Juan, Nikolai, Tommy and myself don’t even get to do it until our fourth month). That boy may have a problem but he is hungry. He doesn’t want my place. He is aiming for Celtic’s. Man will always be man. If you want power, you know where you need to be. Besides, Celtic itself is already a good example. Celtic is a little bit afraid and I can see that Celtic has been cutting down a little bit of Wyatt’s workload. I’m sure the next few weeks are going to be very charming :) and strange. Boss has been very caring of me lately. I still cannot see how I fit into Boss’s plans or how I will be used. Dirty tactics they may be but if you look at them in a positive light – they are called surviving skills. Boss looks after the troops well, they are fed and cloth generously. Boss actually has career progression plans for each of them. So switching camps is not that bad after all :) In return, Boss just asks for obedience and unwavering support - follow the lead. I wonder if I can do that.

Football Tales
The talk of the town – Wayne Rooney! It’s so sad that England chances have been cut into half! :( I doubt Rooney can recover in time and Owen’s fitness level doesn’t look that promising either. What is even more hopeless is that the England squad doesn’t have a wide selection of good & quality strikers to choose from. They have been heavily depended on Owen & Rooney. They can’t recall Teddy Sheringham or Alan Shearer. Of course the veterans can still kick some balls but they have passed their prime. Same goes with Heskey and Fowler. Peter Crouch is not consistent – there were many times that he has been shooting blanks. The other young English strikers that are available are just too young and inexperienced. Now to win the game, the role of the Midfielders has become even more crucial. They are the link. Gerrard, Becks & Lampard will have to provide the points for us.

“Mission Impossible 3” is playing in the cinemas now. I think I go and watch it with S next weekend. Looking forward to Tom Hanks’s “The DaVinci Code” and "X-Men". I read Dan Brown’s “Angels & Demons” and “The DaVinci Code” – both the books plots are just so appealing…with mystery and adventure throwing in together. The clues were so coincidental that you want to believe it. The truth will never be known but the big IF has creates the aura that there is a possibility to the conspiracy.

No comments: