Sunday, December 31, 2006

Novel Conquering Pride

Merry Belated Christmas :) Another low-profile for me this festive season. Less stress with everything (dinners & visits) went well. Boss gave us (Damian, Eloise, Wyatt & myself) tickets to a Christmas Choir & Ballet performance. It’s not those grand stage performance kind-of-thing but an amateur concert with the participants aged between 15 – 25. The only downside is that I find the stage was too small, which sort of restrict the dancer’s movements. Dance creativity and technicality was at the minimal. But overall they were good. The ballerinas were all so pretty in their fancy frocks & over-the-top make-up. The choreography was nice; the show was very lively and I could feel the energy. I love they way they use dance to tell a simple and meaningful story. Unlike Wyatt who is clueless and yawning throughout the 90 minutes show. I have to nudge him a few times. It’s disrespectful but I guess that boy will never understand and appreciates such art.

I have only been away for a week and so many things have happen. Of course as usual, right at the top is the magnificent duo of Celtic & Wyatt who is trying to control everything and take away all of my everything with Seth closing one eye :) You know what; my DREAM JOB for next year is to be the boss of my boss of my boss of my boss… :) Boss has been admitted to the hospital for internal bleeding. Not sure which organ but heard that it was quite bad and bed rest is required for the next 2 months. Trix is not leaving after all! Yay! My baby sister is flying to Portland, Oregon on the 9th. She has been selected to participate in a Student Exchange Program under the AntaraBudaya Malaysia Youth Ambassadorship. I feel so so proud :) Troy is back from Firenze! Woo Hoo! Callum and Cassius text-messages - I’m smiling :)

Just finished reading another Jack Reacher’s book “Without Fail” and now reading “Killing Floor”. I’m addicted to Homicide Investigation. It’s the only genre I have been reading lately :) “Without Fail” was like mind-blowing in the beginning where everyone was trying to figure out who wants to assassinate the newly elected Vice-President but towards the end, it just flops. Maybe I was expecting someone from the Opposition, some terrorist, some big fucked-up Multinationals…but it turn up to be 2 bastards from the VP past childhood – school bullies who refuse to admit defeat and wants their revenge. And Reacher falls in love but the female love have to die in the end :( If she was not dead, I think Reacher would have stay for her. The first 16 pages of “Killing Floor” – Reacher is arrested for murder and hopefully the momentum just stays on till the end.

My last post for 2006.
Happy New Year 2007! Go out and party hard tonight – feel great, energetic, zippy, happy, sparkly and glowing. And be careful & safe as well. I will be going down to The Curve – for dinner, the carnivals, the concert and the midnight countdown. Ch
eers!

No comments: