Sunday, December 03, 2006

Unwanted, Unimaginable Chaos

Another crappy week.
Business Times reported on Friday in its papers that M13 will be taken over by our British competitor (Tommy joked that we should start speaking English with a British assent). There was a comic strip where a worker was taking down M13 name board and replaced it with the British Tag. And the twists…guess what the management said: “We are sorry for today’s news. We do not denied and yet to confirm the news”. What the! It’s already in the media, and the only decent thing to do is to make a proper corporate announcement to the staff. I think the staff will even be more motivated once we know who the new management is. It’s very unfair for the staff to be the last person to know. Now everything is pending. Luckily some of my projects are not put on hold, I have to say our department suppliers have been very supportive, even though I know that the situation that they are facing are far more demanding – poor thing, they will be worried like hell during this transition period especially regarding payment issues, stock holding etc :( We just want an ending. The staffs deserve better treatment.

Celtic brought me out for dinner at SoulOut in Hartamas – was meeting with some key people (major decision-makers) of an ISO company. Celtic being Celtic; with devilish intention no doubt :) thank GOD I wasn’t intoxicated. The offers, the whole package seems tempting but Celtic just doesn’t understand – I truly know what I want. I know my strengths and I know my flaws well. I’m not going to jumped into something that is unknown. You can go ahead or stick around. I enjoy bugging you and yes we can hold polite conversations now but I am not going to be open with you; I’m not going to reveal anything. Everything is close-guarded. Let you continue to guess :)

Some bastard/asshole stole two wheels from Damian’s MyVi! A good samaritan ran up to the office with the number plates, just to check whether the car belongs to an employee or a customer. At first we thought it was a prank. But when we went down to the parking lot, we were horrified. Two tyres with brand new rims were stolen in broad daylight. The 8 month old MyVi was parked so near to the office. Later it was revealed that there have been several attempts to steal cars in our office compound. Twice on Stavros’s Honda Civic, there was once on Wyatt’s Atos. So insecure!


The weather - and it rained and rained.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so who's your british competitor? any hints?