Sunday, February 04, 2007

of memoirs and musings

Juan 34th birthday was celebrated at Sakae Sushi yesterday. It’s just so nice to sit in a comfortable corner with the guys; spending quality groupie time - sitting, chatting, eating and chilling together. We even make plans for the coming CNY and also for the future months! :)

London Weight Management – Tommy & I hang out there this morning. The sliming center was having a FREE 3-hours trial so we thought we give it a try. I knew early on, what I wanted. I don’t want and I don’t need to slim down as I always make sure that my weight is compatible with my height. I don’t want to be ultra-thin and I don’t think I look good being thin either. I just want to firm and tone up my arms, the thighs and my big butt. The Consultant said that my weight was ideal and that I should lose around 3 or 4 kilos, then my body will look curvy. And I also had the beginner’s stage of cellulite on my thighs :( due to an accumulation of fatty foods, salt and collective toxins. Sometimes, if I sit too long in the office, it can also cause irregular blood circulation which can result in water retention in the lower body. My arms are flabby due to uneven fat distribution which makes them look disproportion. So The Consultant drafted up a program for me – I need to undergo treatments in Fat Burning, Anti-Cellulite, Lymphatic Drainage and Firm & Tone.
The first session was the Aroma Steam. I sat inside the cubicle for 10 minutes. It’s like a sauna and it was hot. This was supposed to increase the body metabolism’s rate. The second session was the Sea-Salt Scrub. The Consultant scrubs me from head to toe, front and back. This is to get rid of all the dead skin cells. It was so heavenly; having someone to pamper you :) Then I was wrapped up with the Infra-Red Hot Blanket which will make you sweat. The purpose is to detoxified you and the waste will be in the form of sweat through perspirations. I was wrapped up like a cocoon for 20 whole minutes and I sweat like nobody business. Drops of sweats were coming out from everywhere; it was like I have played 90 minutes of football. Then I was told to have a short shower to clean myself up. For the third session, The Consultant took my measurements on the parts that I want to firm up. This is for her to monitor the before and after results. After taking the measurements, The Consultant rubs me with trimming gel and hooks me to a Massage Machine that has many buttons. What the machine does is like having 10 people massaging your whole body. It was so relaxing. Then the after-results measurements were taken. The final session is when The Consultant rubs me with a grayish cream which is to burn the fats and cellulite. Then I was wrapped again with a transparent PE cling wrap. I was wrap up very tightly as this wrapping function is to actually shape the body. Sculpting. I can even feel my fats were burning away. Once I’m done, I was shown the results – I manage to lose 700grams and 7cm. I’m not sure if the figures were real as there were several times I saw The Consultant pause a few times when writing those measurements down. Logically you just jot down the numbers naturally, but I sense there was a bit of hesitation.
Overall, it was a good trip, at least I know what sliming centers do and women’s money is so bloody easy to earn! I will rate the service as good, the interiors were excellent – so homey feel, so much of warmth, music was soothing and the price is average. 700grams is ok; I can’t expect a miracle with just 1 session.
Of course the center was hoping that we would sign up immediately, but Tommy and I were good at saying ‘we’ll consider it first, will get back to you tomorrow’ :) The price of the package is reasonable; we can even pay installments with 0 percent interest. But then again, it’s still a monthly commitment and we have plenty of those already. I was actually quite guilty; they even gave us a trial kit to use at home. I think once I have a bigger pay cheque, I will give it a try again. I think it’s really important to look after one’s body healthily. At least for now, I know which area that I need to work on and how :) This is Malaysia after all; we are not the only one doing this. But yeah, it’s bad. But I’m also very sure that if we had sign up today, the cost of today’s session is already included in the package. Chinese don’t do business for free :)
Then we went to Coffee Bean for lunch – lattes, pastas and sandwiches. Tommy was desperate for a smoke. Went to Cold Storage later for groceries shopping and I finally found the Vietnamese Poppiah. It’s great to hang out with Tommy, and fall into the old familiar routines again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! tommy sounds like me. i'm the sort who'd go off to the gym or a swim - and then crave a fag later.

i've been smoking less though, and walking heaps. walk about 2 k's to and from work.