Saturday, July 25, 2009

The key to life is finding your sweet spot

Sigh...yesterday was the launch of my 'Stay Active' campaign. It's my 7th press ad promotion for this year. I am suppose to be very upbeat about this whole thing, what's more, I'm even running this major event at my Wangsa Maju store; booking the whole of the Seasonal Alley...but somehow somewhere I feel down. Perhaps, it's because of the last press ad 'a HEALTHY you' didn't do so well. Sales are not there. I put in so much of effort but the results didn't churn up as expected. It's like - it's not worth it at all. I know that times are bad, but it's not an excuse. Right now, I don't even want to beat the 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 sales results. Forget about the budget. I just want my 2009 figures to be in-line. Everyday I'm faced struggling with this issue.
Last month, I even have no choice but to close down the Golf & OTO counter. I tried everything, I switch strategies - but nothing seems to be working. Yes, I'm impatient! Very. I need to show the results. I cannot wait anymore longer.
Depression hit me pretty hard several times throughout this year. I'm still holding on because of GOD. I begin to experience HIM even more and I found myself to be in total dependence on HIM. HE helps me to walk through my darkest hours and saves me when I'm in hot soup :) Of course there are my family, friends, fellow comrades that helps a lot with boosting me forward, to do the things that I must, to cheer me on, having them to believe in me - its something I'm incredibly grateful for. In the end, I don't want to be the one to burst anyone's bubbles or to be a disappoinment.

Fine...I will do what I can. I will continue to communicate, promote and branding. I am not going through with Plan A, B, C to D, E, F anymore...I finally arrive to Plan "Taking-It-As-It-Comes" conclusion! :) Yeah, I left behind all of the things that I loved and forgetting to take pride in my creations. Even if it fails, I will go down in history as the pioneer of all of these concepts :)
However, give me a little more time (if permits, before i get fired :) i guess i would have to 'make' time, i wish it were that easy) - I'm ready to take it to another level. Not only will it be all it is now, my creations will be impeccable, consistent, professional and a reflection of Yingze's passion of her creations.
And, I realized one thing: I miss that kind of fun.
Have I not taken a moment to indulge in my favorite things? *grin*

No comments: