Saturday, March 05, 2011

Ice & Diamonds

I have the chance…and yet I turn it down :)
Juan Carlos (my new French Baz Director from Thailand) is going off to Paris next week to view the new GSA collections and he was very nice because he wanted to bring one of the Division Managers along for the experience, networking and also for the global exposure…and also as a form of staff reward...but unfortunately Rufus & Celtic decided not to go…and the both of them suggested to Juan Carlos to bring me there instead. He invited…and I said NO…I was flattered of course…that he gave me this huge opportunity…such an important business trip…but I said NO because…I feel that by right such a trip should be attended by the Division Managers…I am not that qualified yet...I am only 5 months old in this new portfolio & position and I not ready for it, I am not the decision maker…and besides I don’t even know the costing of some of the Baz items, commercial margin etc…and I didn’t want to buy the wrong stocks either…there is always the pressure to commit…and also I didn’t have that much cash with me. I have to pay for everything and can only make the claims when I come back. It’s not cheap staying and eating in France. And it’s a working trip and I know Juan Carlos will be breathing down my neck. So in the end, Rufus reluctantly agrees to follow him.


I know…stepping onto the French soil, being in Europe, winter; feeling the snow…the slim chance of seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral, the Louvre Museum, Palace of Versailles etc. Traveling to foreign lands always inspire me. It isn't exactly just about the work or the holiday; for me it is about the discoveries…it is about new adventures!

Regret is one of my biggest fears.
At the end of my road, I wouldn’t want to look back at my life and regret I did or didn’t do something. I don’t want to look back later on and feel that I could have lived my life in a different way and not celebrate the journey that I have taken. I hope that I will be more ready the next time.

1 comment:

c said...

hey! i don't think you can regret anything you do. there's always new opportunities that open. opportunity cost of going to france... =) there's some silver lining in declining the offer