Saturday, August 17, 2024

Rescue Mission


The Psalmist David understood the pains of being weighted down with heavy burdens, feeling forgotten and lost & desperate for a rescue mission. In Psalm 38 - David cried out to God. He had experienced isolation, betrayal and helplessness. Still he prayed with confidence - Lord, I wait for You, You will answer, Lord my God. 

David didn't deny his predicament or minimize his inner turmoil and physical ailments. Instead he trusted that God would be near and answer him at the right time and in the right way.

When we feel weighted down by physical, mental or emotional burdens - God remains committed to the rescue mission He planned from the day He created us. We can count on His presence when we cry out to Him - Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my Savior.    

No comments: