Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Simple Life

I didn’t go for the dinner at Marriot last night. I think Jo & Troy did. Instead, I had my meal at SS15 and went to RP (at Hyatt Saujana) after that. The session ended early and Dad was surprise that I was home before 2am :)

I am damn pissed off with Aurora! It was my work, my format and Aurora took all of the credits. That’s plagiarism. And someone or some people have been spreading rumors of me leaving M13. That is so f.u.c.k. I’m sure the wind came from Boss’s side. However, Ronnie has once taught me – “Friend is friend, Work is work. Always protect yourself”. The Others need to keep an eye on as well.

I’m very curious over the controversy.
It triggers 2 questions:
- who is the perpetrator behind the video footage? Was it a whistleblower or was it someone who happens to be at the right place at the right time?
- Is such a body search necessary?
I’m sure the community at large (including myself) would love to be more well-informed on this issue; our constitutional rights in such a situation. Since transparency is encouraged, I think it’s about time that the authorities should publicize their Standard Operating Procedures on police custody & lock-up rules. They have defended that they will continue to strip their suspects naked and require them to undertake light exercise steps. When the suspects stretch their arms & legs, the authorities will then be able to ascertain that there are no hidden items. Previously they have discovered some suspects who hide razor blades, cigarettes, pills etc in their private parts. Fine; I do understand their concern. But isn’t such an act is insulting the modesty of a person or intruding into the privacy of a woman? I’m just wondering – can we ordinary citizens refused such a request and can we demand that the body search be conducted in another way? Metal detectors / X-rays – the ones that are being used in the airport? Can that be an alternative instead of stripping naked in front of an officer?

No comments: