Sunday, April 09, 2006

Broken Scar

Unexpected…totally!
The first quarter of this year has been rough. The market movement was soft, someone made a mistake & we have been chasing contributions like hell to recover, the pricey petrol then trigger a chain reaction – all prices were pushed up & the majority folks in the supply chain refuse to absorb the cost and our British, French & Hongkie competitors began to throw prices like nobody business – and yet in the midst of these all – we still manage to hit the Q1 Budget! :) The best part is that we will be rewarded accordingly. Yeah! It’s good news, everyone is happy, the motivation scale is sky high and it boost everyone’s confidence – I don’t know how we did it. Either we really did it or the numbers have been creatively moved around. Who cares! :)
The Director was in the mood to party – treated us to a sumptuous dinner at the Sun & Surf, Sunway Hotel on Friday night…opening a few bottles of expensive red wine, then it was party time at the FLAME :) We love our Director.

I have nothing much to add to my work tales this week. I think I have join Juan, Tommy & Nikolai’s where-we-couldn’t-be-bother-anymore club – just do the job and if there are better things that comes along, just jump on the bandwagon. I think the 4 of us can do our job very well; it’s just that some people like to suppress us – and this is the frustrating part. I think I may be slightly luckier than the 3 of them because things are improving. But to actually feel that I’m fitting in well…nah, not at the moment. I don’t want to bitch about Seth’s leadership or management skills, I don’t want to bitch about Celtic or Wyatt anymore – it’s not that I’m that good either. Who knows they may hate my guts, my flaws and my faults. I’m not trying to be gracious or being self-denial, it just that outside people can see for themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey ying,

Glad to see that things are looking up for you :)...
they said that good things will comes to those who wait raight ??

hope that your weekend is wonderful :)