Saturday, April 01, 2006

Work Tales

Tuesday night was Kakak’s farewell party at RP – more like a mini M13 annual dinner, the whole world was there, and there were representatives from every department except from Derek’s :) I would have preferred a smaller crowd as we get to spend some quality moments together for the last time.

Work Tales – everything seems ok. Looks like everyone is trying. I take it as a good sign. I hope it’s not a hangat-hangat tahi ayam kind of thing where you just try for 3 days and that’s it. I found out that Celtic was indeed feeling threatened of my presence. Before my arrival, Celtic was the youngest of the lot and Celtic has been showered with attention non-stop. Then I came in and people began to turn their attention to me. What’s more I gel in pretty well and can click with Miss Klein, Tommy and Nikolai. Celtic was just jealous :) I really want to go up to Celtic and say I’m not after your job – your job is safe. I will stay for a while but I don’t see myself serving here for 5 years or more. Unless of course if M13 can offer me better monetary & non-monetary benefits that are too good to refused. But that will never happen! Boss & Co. will never move their asses from their thrones with the salaries that they are earning and their age. Young people like myself, Tommy and Nikolai will definitely switch to other jobs with better offers. I don’t want to remain stagnant either. Different companies and different industries can teach you many things.

Going to Juan’s place for lunch after this – we are having Pasta Fiesta.

No comments: