Friday, October 20, 2006

Black/White

Deepavali is tomorrow and Hari Raya is only 3 days away. The festive season is here again :)

I’m on leave for the long week and I get to wake up late. No limit. To my heart’s content. And the best part is that I will have days where I do NOTHING. Waking up in the morning and having NO plans, NO goals, NO agenda and NO stress to achieve for the day :)

But once the holiday ends, it’s back to the battlefield. The official announcement will be out and all those questions about our positions will be answered. Everyone is struggling to hold on ruthlessly. It’s like I rather you die than I die. The war zone didn’t create a monster out of me. I didn’t turn up aggressive, vicious…instead I manage to remain calm and the main focus was to work, earn and learn. I did not compromise on my integrity, honesty and ethicality. Unlike someone who manipulates and violently put other people on the spot. I wonder if they have conscience or it has already been numb and cold. There were people who did try to influence me as well, but nonetheless, as Guillermo once pointed out that I can think for myself.

Six months back, I have jotted down in a piece of paper of what my plans are and how I should go about it and looking at the paper now, I’m glad that I’m on track.
Kris Kristofferson said, "Freedom is just another word for nothing left
to lose."

No comments: