Sunday, November 26, 2006

a twinkle of shy daring

My week has been filled with lots of crappy, negative stuff.
Monday was Ping’s last day with us :( We were very sad to lose an amazing friend, someone who is cool, laid-back, no pretensions and sweet. On Tuesday, Trix dropped another bomb, Trix decided as well to walk out :( And then, on Friday, it was The Director’s last day. We lost our captain. Since M13 is still in a transition period, the management decides to ship The Director off to a neighboring country. So everyone is very de-motivated, unsure and all of sudden Boss has mellow down a lot. Like the battle is over, there is no more fire & determination in Boss’s eyes. The one thing that I admire and respect about Boss is the fighting spirit. Whatever the obstacles, Boss stubbornly ploughs through. The director’s position is a hot seat and is reserved exclusively for expatriates, but Boss just never gives up that perhaps one day, an Asian individual will be given the throne.


My mom’s cousin has been diagnosed with lung cancer. And the worst part is…our country’s health system. It takes ages for a doctor to attend to their patients in the government hospitals. And if you don’t have the money, you’ll be turn away at the private hospitals. Just imagine what it feels like when the nurse actually ask you whether you have RM5000 with you right now, if you don’t, they cannot process the patient. Not a single trace of sympathy in that voice. I was so naïve and think that saving a life matters more than commercialization. Healthcare and medications in this country is not cheap, same goes for treatment – so I think I need to start to discipline myself to put aside some of my disposable income for future savings. I’m not sure how long will it takes for our government hospitals to improve themselves.

I bought my first insurance policies – Hospital & Surgical, Life and PA. They don’t come cheap :(

It’s raining everyday. I missed the bright blue skies and glowing sunshine.

No comments: