Sunday, April 29, 2007

change is the only evidence of life

This week is my last week in M13 :( I was tearing and was holding back my tears. I don't want to cry and make a scene even though it was acceptable :) My desk is cleared, my belongings are in the boxes, say my goodbye to everyone, thank you’s and hugs went all around and had my Exit Interview done. Everyone is curious of where I’m off to. Everyone is speculating :) I remain mum and keep the whole thing as low profile as possible. Now, I felt relieved, like the excess baggage has lifted off from my shoulder. I am excited of joining Haakon yet at the same time – I got cold feet :) There are a lot of Ifs. What if I didn’t have a good boss? What if the new environment sucks? What if the people there bully me? :) The next few days I really need to rest myself and do my homework. I need to be mentally, emotionally and physically ready for the coming challenges and shouldering heavier and more responsibilities. The coming weeks – it might be a lovely moment, it might not be. Frightening. Beautiful. Bitter. Sweet. And most definitely sappy :) I can’t remember where I read this – No Matter Where You Go or End Up At, If You’re A Good Seed, You Will Grow, Blossom and Bear Fruits Of Blessings For Others. I hope I’m made of a good seed.

On Wednesday night – Seth & Celtic bought me seafood dinner at 'LaLa Chong' near the Subang Old Airport. To my surprise, they together with Trix, Thor and Lucius bought me a farewell gift – an ESPRIT Watch. I didn’t expect to receive such a pricey present. I keep telling myself that I have crashed through the barrier. I have to stop worrying and start relaxing. I am up to the plateau where I just need to do whatever there is needed doing.

Thursday afternoon – manage to catch up with Ping for lunch. We had nice conversations and it prompts me to take up that first step :)

On Friday night, Juan, Nikolai, Tommy, Pierre Andre and Amadeo celebrated with me at Telawi Street Bistro. Kakak also came back from Vietnam. We had sirloin steaks, italian pizzas, spring chicken and the yummy dessert: chocolate volcano. The chocolate was great. Hard and solid, then melty and smooth, creamy and velvety in your mouth :) I enjoyed the night with well-spaced drinks, lots of water, food, sitting at the verandah accompany by the cool night breeze and not standing directly in front of the loud speakers :)

This afternoon – hang out at Joachim’s place for Joachim’s belated birthday. The usual suspects: Juan, Nikolai and Pierre Andre. The dark brown IKEA table was laden with KFC variety bucket, 2 Dominos pizza, chicken and potato salads and the birthday cake. We swap stories and gossip about our week and a bit later, find ourselves discussing the Integration & Harmonization – from the concept, the structure, the people, the system & procedures, the front & back administration, the air-condition, the smoking zone, the layout…every single details :) The coming weeks will be very interesting to see how The British move its human capital around to fit into their structure. Too bad, I will not be there to witness the grand event.

I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality -Frida Kahlo-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey yingze,

what's up girl...
how is everything??