Sunday, April 01, 2007

Giving My Best For The Long Haul

Joachim & Stavros have been transferred to the British’s Base in Mutiara. The next chosen one is Tommy :( Once all the necessary paper documentation has been finalized, Tommy’s migration will take place. We organized a Good Luck lunch for Tommy at Nyonya’s Kitchen. I can see that, slowly, the whole group will be dissolve – we will move on, meet new people and remember the good old days :(
Friday was Lucius last day as our caretaker as well because Boss will be reporting for duty tomorrow morning :) We will miss Lucius very much; Lucius will be taken care off and is given an assignment to manage the operations side of the business.
We also had dinner at Marche (pronounced Mar-Shay) at The Curve – courtesy of The British. Definitely a good strategy to buy our hearts. There has been too many loyal hard core M13’s around, and to convert these loyalists – it ain’t that easy :) but I can see that The British are working extra hard to adjust the loyalist’s outlook on certain matters.
2 of our colleagues Mervin & James from Penang came down for training – it was dinner at HALO and a movie thereafter: Mr. Bean’s Holiday. The movie is not funny. It’s supposed to be funny but it’s not funny because the jokes and the antics have been recycled and been used plenty of times. It’s so predictable – you just know what Mr. Bean will do next. BORING!

This week, we have been putting in long hours into our work schedule – work until 9pm; almost everyday – to get the planogram and mock-up visualization done before the sign-off. The Integration process is torturing at times – but it has been a very good learning experience as well. You just gain more when you learn from different people who use different methods.
I went for facial to relax myself as my face muscles was quite tense this week and I had my eyebrows treaded :)

I drop da’bomb this week :) Seriously, I have been struggling with this decision for weeks now. I hell still can’t get the perspective right. Until now, I am still not sure whether I make the right decision or not. Is it the right move? Is this the right path? Is this the accurate picture? Will I regret it later? What will they say? These questions have been playing in my mind for weeks and I still don’t have the damn answers! I based my final judgment on logical thinking and lots of gut feeling on the Triangle Offers. I am thankful for the offers – my pa said that it is GOD’s blessing. It’s better to have options than no options. I have a different opinion though – I think I am a cheap labor and that is why they can slot me around easily. Why don’t they offer Juan, Nikolai, Tommy, Celtic or anybody else?! Because they were damn expensive that’s what! After the assessment, the Triangle Offers have its own set of risk, its goods and bads. The frustrating part is that I can’t see the outcome of each of this decision.
There’s only one way to go, and that’s forward. I’m glad I take the chance to join Haakon but I know I have to work my ass off to justify that amount. I need to find my heart. I don’t know if it means that I’ve really reached the point of really letting it go, but I think what’s more important is to not be bitter about it. I hope this understanding makes me a better person :)

No comments: