Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Other Side Of The World

Last Sunday, Seelan invited us to attend his big bro’s wedding at Bukit Jalil Golf Club. It was a very lavish and bollywood affair :) The ladies; young and old were dressed to their finest…silk sarees in a variety of colors – red, pink, maroon, blue, green, brown, silver, gold – it was one ceremony that was exploding with colors. The ladies were also glittering from head to toe as their bodies were accessorize with gold jewelries; full of earrings, nose rings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets. However, the men folk were not that impressive, dressed in conservative colors of black, white, blue & gray. It will be a nice change if they can match the ladies. The ceremony was conducted in Tamil; everyone speaks Tamil, only a handful of the younger generation that was able to communicate in English. So we were very clueless as we don’t understand a single word of what the priest is saying through out the whole wedding ritual and blessing service. We make guesses by observing their body language :) Only 28 fair-skin guest witness the big day; surrounded by 180 of the bride & groom’s family members. Proud that we blended in, yet stood out :) It is actually good to have a multiracial facade in such events – it brings the communities closer. The buffet was delicious and there was no long wait for the food :)

I love doing events. I like to see the movement of the activities that bring events to life. I enjoy watching people coming in with their equipments to set up their booths, canopies, lightings, audio & visual system, displays, people rushing in & out, I like it even more if it is being conducted – indoors. The FNCC PartnersRewards Redemption Fair was held at the Astaka Field; it was hot & humid and my legs were aching :( I haven’t stand for such a long period of time since my days at Mirabell & FOS. The 2 days event didn’t end on a successful note; only manage to garner 40% of the 10million points. For me, it was a very poor outing. The management needs to do a post-mortem to find out where we went wrong. Was it the location, the dates, the communication, the merchandize? I find the location; even though it was in the central of the city, but the Astaka Field was not easy to find if you are not familiar with PJ. Customers will give up looking for it. The dates were Monday & Tuesday – it was also the first & second day of school reopening. The dates are fine with me because the customers are mostly SMEs and they will be even busier during the weekends; especially for those who owns restaurants, grocery shops or petrol stations if the event was to be held on Saturday and Sunday. I’m not sure how strong the promotion communication to the members was though; did the Key Account Managers manage to reach sufficient members to create awareness of the program that will eventually influence them to come for the redemption fair? The merchandize was unattractive. Lots of last year items. More like a jumble sale to me; to get rid of old stocks. I met people from HQ; we talk to each other on the phone and corresponded through email a lot but didn’t know how each other look like :) We chatted, caught-up and laughed about random and inane things.

The Bitch actually praised me for a job well done. I am totally shock – NOT. I don’t need those from her. She is a carnivorous. She bites. I enjoy working more under a male boss than a lady boss :)
I am happy that I am finally contributing. I have been here for a month and I manage to clear off the More Than 28 Days Backlogs and 21-28 Days Backlogs. The 14-21 Days Backlogs have been reduced significantly as well. My next challenge is to reduce the 7-14 Days Backlogs. The Less Than 7 Days Backlogs cannot be eliminated because that is the time frame for the deliveries. The trick is to reduce the Turn Around Time. On Wednesday, I was given the responsibilities to handle the Chevron project by Haakon which will take off next week. To be honest, the real reason Haakon brought me in is to do troubleshooting for the backlogs. Once all of the backlogs are clear and the Quantum Buffer System is in place, this position is no longer required. Nonetheless, I have learned lots :) But I can't do these forever...I have yet to feel what I want to feel.

Grey’s Anatomy is on now! :)

No comments: