Sunday, August 24, 2008

Team Baz

Work Tales – my third week on the job, and it felt like 3 months! Nonetheless, I thank GOD for Rufus. And I’m nominating and encouraging Celtic to go for the top post as well. Celtic has always been plagued by a “wanting to achieve something”. A yearning to stand out of the crowd in a special way. And for someone who is only 28 years old, Celtic is very smart and capable. So, I think it will be a very good platform for Celtic.
Why not myself? And who am I? Absolutely nobody. Just plain old yingze :)

I can sit back and envy others, or I can try to make a difference. I can focus on my inadequacies and insecurities, or I can work to be significant in my very own special way.
So, I choose to live as well as I can. My life is how I choose to live it :)

Meanwhile, so many things have happened.
Tommy have finally resigned and went back home to Sabah. How could The English bully my dear Tommy? :( Tommy is very competent, casual, humble; with understated confidence. The OA dept really loss an anchor. Tommy can go far and rises like a shooting star. The English really don’t know how to appreciate M13 human resources.
There is a new addition in Haakon’s household :)
Guillermo have resigned as well.
Finally I manage to dig out that The Bitch is actually attached with The English in the Commodity Division.
Pietro remains unemployed.
I’ve been told that Atticus is still waiting for me. Not sure how true is it. Secretly (crossing fingers) – I’m hoping that The English will buy over The French. Then, I wouldn’t mind joining forces with Atticus for the Integration Project.
GOD, I feel so lucky. Thank you! Thank you!

I haven’t made any solid plans yet, just a to do list. A year with The French is more than sufficient for me. Even if I’m to stay in this industry, I will be exploring new territories and trying out something new. I’m looking forward in dealing more with the corporate side and at the same time, to get some needed balance in my life. I want to go back to school. I feel like traveling. I want to travel and see faraway places. I also want to climb Mount Kinabalu. I discovered my joy too late in life - but I need to remember that it’s never too late to learn :)

"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all" -- Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments: