Sunday, November 30, 2008

killing me softly

Top 500 Leaders Convention 2008, Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre – there were so many people there! I met up with some of my Division Managers & Sales Managers. I had such a wonderful time talking to everyone, laughing, chatting, eating, floating and just being me.
The French has a new vision, a new goal, new strategies, new priorities, new values and a new tag line. Our 2009 direction. It covers Business Model, Leadership, Branding & Communication, Management Development Program, Increase Productivity, Employee Satisfaction and Corporate Social Responsibility.
There was also assessments on our present situation, successes & failures and opportunities. Speeches, presentations and tributes of the past were very powerful. Everyone was really charged up. All of the Commex Directors was fantastic. They were charming, warm, personal and every question was answered clearly & concisely, with good humour and genuine excitement. With tough domestic competition, the team needs to focus, consolidate and compete more intelligently & aggressively. You feel like you’re a part of something big :)

Iron Butterfly have also make things crystal clear. If you are running now, you have to run even more faster. If you can’t keep up with the tempo, you better surrender and leave. Iron Butterfly wants a strong team and eliminate weak teammembers from slowing down the whole team.
I may be exhausted but so far, there’s a lot to learn, and I want to learn it all. I learn a lot of things from Iron Butterfly which I know will help me to live my career life better and stronger. I’ve just finish my one-to-one session with Iron Butterfly on the Tropicana Project. I’m always nervous when there are such sessions. What if I didn’t know the answers? How am I going to justify the logic and reasonableness? How am I going to explain the tricky parts? The meeting went alright. I had some good stuff going on; and of course there are some bumps as well where I need to make some changes here and there.

I always wonder why I end up doing the same stupid mistakes - repeating them over and over again. Yes, I’m very young, some people have even mention that I don’t deserve to be where I am today, I’m raw, I may not handle or manage things well but I think I have the potential to grow. All I need is for people to invest their time, knowledge & experience in me; doing it willingly, generously, gracefully and graciously :) That's how you create future leaders.
I admit; I’m a slow learner :) Different people have different learning capabilities.

I'm going to take a lot of risk next week. It’s nothing big really, but like all risks, it requires a great deal of trust and optimistic hopefulness. An old friend used to label me 'fatalistically optimistic'. I'll require that, a lot. (I still feel a little bit of fear) :)

My brain is full of ideas, plans, strategies, schedules. Yet I can just feel something inside of me looking for that moment of rest. That quiet place.

The year’s gone by quite fast. Initially I thought it’d take ages to get through.

No comments: