Saturday, June 12, 2010

all I can taste is this moment


Yeah :) it's a very very belated belated post.
So, Happy Mother's Day to my dearest mummy :)
So, what did we do on that special day? Oh yes, a Mother's Day lunch at Delicious, Bangsar :) Both of my parents are not big fans of western food, they are the hard-core chinese food supporters. But Baby Sis & I thought that it will be best to give the both of them something new, something different to experience. Believe it or not, the four of us lead a very busy life...with work and my Baby Sis with her undergraduate studies. So having a little escape, together, every week, has been important in keeping our family relationship somewhat fresh. We sat down comfortably...the food was excellent as always, as was the service (even though they brought our Caesar Salad wrong; twice). The serving of the food were sufficient & filling, sensational in smell, texture & flavor. The menu had something for everyone, but was not overwhelming - it was focused on a limited range that Delicious are obviously doing very, very well. And the lighting, interior designs and music were perfect for long, easy conversations. It was heaps of fun and just a great afternoon outing for all of us. I get this overwhelming sense of belonging, of stillness, of contentment.
The Church also organized something for the Sunday School children. We have a Mother & Child Walk + fun & simple activities at selected pit-stops at the Shah Alam Lake Gardens. Baby Sis & myself man the last pit-stop. Baby Sis (the creative sibling) came up with a fun art craft for the parent & child to do together - a mummy ladybug fridge magnet. Cute :) We walked. We sweated. We ate McD. The experience, especially for these little ones...was priceless.
The reason that I am recording down every moment that I go through in this blog, no matter how late the posting is...is not because I want my personal memoirs to be publish someday, it's just that I can look back and reflect on my daily experiences, the relationships & connections that I have with the people around me, the mountains that I scaled, the valleys that I explore, my little & big adventures that brings me to many new places, finding my happyness, overcoming life obstacles, growing despite all odds...it will be very useful too...when the day finally comes, when I grow old & wrinkled...walking down memory lane...re-discovering my life footprints; for the second time.

No comments: