Saturday, September 11, 2010

Friends. Coming together. Growing apart. Riding a wavelength


A bit late with this blog post :)

C was back in town last month :) we spent a glorious dinner together at Ben & Nick’s Diner with some of our other high school friends. We enjoyed a very good meal, a tranquil ambience and a good catching-up session on our current work & self updates, our travel stories, M’s kids, recalling the good old days and laughing our heads off. Damn it, I forgot to bring the camera that day to take some pictures. I have all of them in one place. Sitting across from C, I seriously can’t recall when I last saw her. Yet, C still looked and feels the same; and so are the rest of them. Of course, our faces may have shown the passage of time, our attitudes, behaviors, characters, opinions, the way we speak & project ourselves may have shown maturity…but deep down inside when we sit down together, we are still the same bunch of giggling teenagers from SMKSSAAS. It has been 11 years since we left school. As we parted our ways and say our goodbyes that night, I was left feeling excited, pumped up and completely energized. I was very HAPPY. And I like being happy. It has been a privilege to have known such a great bunch of people. Making memories together.

And come to think of it, not only with my high school friends, but also my friends from College & Uni; we don't see each other as much these days. Life, work and children & family have gotten in the way. Busyness seems to be a symptom of our society. It’s almost a badge of honor. We rush from activity to activity saying, “I’m so busy.” We even feel guilty if we don’t have something to do every moment. It’s time to get connected again :)

No comments: