Thursday, November 18, 2010

To watch. To breath. To smile.

It was so nice to be away from the hustle 'n' bustle of the big city & the big smoke. I took 4 days off from work and went up to Setiawan to visit Troy & the both of us make a trip up to Cameron Highlands together. There’s just something intoxicating about waking up at sunrise in a small town and breathing in the fresh morning air of the bush. It is heavy, dewy, cold, and rich with the smells of wet wood, damp earth and grass. Kampung life. Most of the time I consider myself a city girl. I enjoy crowds, tall buildings, air conditioning, wireless internet connection and hairdryers! :)

2 days with Troy – between the 2 of us, there was tons of laughter, tons of good food (of course!), tons of quality time together. These are the moments in my life that I will always cherish. The both of us Eat, Play & Live. All up we spent many hours on our feet – I was out with Troy sightseeing the town of Setiawan, eating seafood, paying a visit to Troy’s family shipping port (the dock is just terrific, i can see the sea & being surrounded by these huge and luxurious ships. i feel so small. unfortunately the weather has not been that kind to us; or not we would have taken a smaller ship out and sail towards the sea), visit all the strawberries, flowers & veggie farms in Cameron Highlands, bought many potted plants, flowers & cactus, getting our facial and foot massage done & we keep on talking and gossiping which makes me laugh a lot. It was a very good holiday indeed.

It’s a nice feeling that I feel so calm and peaceful every time I’m on a holiday. It helps me to find my happy place. I think living simply brings about a certain kind of happiness and contentment. I should really do it more often. And I should at least try a little harder to bring some of that contented simplicity back into my normal life :)

No comments: