Friday, March 23, 2012

Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me

Coleman, UFL, Bandar Sri Damansara – recently, one of my supplier...Coleman organized a CNY cum Appreciation Lunch for all of its retailers & dealers. I was invited for the function. Thus, I brought along both William & Henry and also Stewart to represent Juan Carlos who cannot make it on that day. There, we bump into Miss Siew Mei & Danny; our English competitors :) I also bump into Pietro who is representing Hong Kong. What a nice catching-up session that we have after so many years. We had a nice lunch. All of the hypermarket competitors was sitting at the same table together for the first time ever :)

The Appreciation Award was also nice…I think this is the first award recognition that Team Baz ever have :) Even though, D33 did not manage to hit the purchase target for 2011, getting such an acknowledgement is indeed very touching and grateful. I am humbled. This is my third time that I am visiting their premises. They have grown a lot. They know where are their weaknesses as a whole and are moving forward to enhance their brand by diversifying into apparels which is a very good strategy because with that, they will be a very complete sports solution partner in the market. And this is also the only supplier where I know their staffs from top to bottom. It’s a medium-size company, a small people community but it feels like one big family. Everyone knows who I am, everyone knows a little bit about me, everyone looks out for me, and everyone accepts me. This year, as it is my first time leading a team, I too also have this burning desire to create a community for them. And finally, at the end of the event, each of us also received a Deuter travel bag as a souvenir :) Cool

No comments: