Sunday, March 04, 2012

Excitement Overload!!!

James & I drop by at the PJ Life Arts Center in Jaya One for the second time in the month of February. This time around, we were there to watch the Comedy Court; featuring the very talented Indi Nadarajah & Allan Perera. This time around their comedy sketch is entitled “Not Guilty”. I have noticed that everyone in attendance was very well dressed and very good looking too! All the men had very yummy haircuts and sharp shirts & pants, while all of the women wore sexy cocktail dresses or stylish casual gowns.

The sketch is divided into 3 segments: ‘Who Wants To Be A Billionaire’ which is upgraded with all of the latest scandals in Malaysia. Then the second segment is on Loga & Singam, which deals a lot with the matter of the Bar Council and the Law. There are also little touches on the Bersih Rally and an ex-Deputy Prime Minister acquittal. The third is the Obedient Wives Club (OWC). Both of them are accomplished comedians and actors. They can play a Chinese un-educated businessman, Indian educated lawyers and Malay aunties to the tee. The tone, the body language, the expressions, the dressings, the make-up...all of it were so real and convincing.

I couldn’t stop laughing :) What a good way to de-stress myself.

Before that, we had duck rice for dinner. James took me to this nice place in PJ Uptown. It was lovely. The duck meat was soft and it fell off the bone easily. I was genuinely surprised that the food was good, simple, hearty and delicious :) After the session ends, we have coke & chicken wings at Fonterra.

I really enjoy the comedies. And I have indeed expanded my range from stand-up comedy to comedy theater. All in one month's time. I wonder what is next in store for me :)

No comments: