Sunday, March 04, 2012

Jooi Brothers

Attended a colleague’s wedding the other day in Bangsar. One of the best highlights of Angie’s wedding that night was the Shark Fin Soup that the restaurant serves. The soup really has fins in it :) Yummy! I know that everyone is on an anti-shark fin soup drive at the moment. Some well established hotels & restaurants have even removed the soup from its menu. Very good Corporate Social Responsibility approach. Many young couples also have opted to not having the soup in their wedding dinner anymore. Worldwide, people have commented that it was very cruel that the fishermen throw back the wounded sharks back into the seas after removing their fins. Because the sharks are finless, they are left to die cruelly because they can't swim anymore.

As for me, I’m not an ANTI shark fin soup person. As a matter of fact, I love them. The fins are tasteless but the broth is delicious. However, I will not order them but I will take the soup if it is being offered to me…anyway, it is also not very nice to reject people kind offer right? :)

No comments: