Sunday, May 27, 2012

Yingze’s Crimes Scene

Excellence – Edited by J. Pincott.

This book was given to me by Iron Butterfly before Iron Butterfly returns back to Singapore. That was back in 2009. Yes, only now I am reading & finishing this book :)

You see, I have a problem with self-help books. I didn’t believe in them. And I saw them as stuff that we all know, but just refused to admit…rather than advice. Unfortunately I read self-help books with a rather difficult attitude. I read without an open mind. I read the books with full intention to challenge its contents. And rarely do I agree with everything that’s said in a book. Perhaps, to a certain degree, I feel judged and categorized when I read self-help material.

However, during my free time while travelling in China last week, I brought this book with me and reading it along the way. After going through some rough patches recently, I realized that I needed some motivation and thinking that this book could perhaps put back some spark into my life and indeed it did.

It taught me about being Ambitious, Communicative, Confident, Creative, Disciplined, Ethical, Flexible, Humble, Incisive, Intuitive, Liked & Loved, Meaningful, Passionate, Patient, Persistent, Proactive, Resilient, Respected, Risk-Taker, Unique and finally Worldly. Moving forward, I hope as I document my journey being the new & youngest Division Manager onboard D33 with the mission of trying to fix back the department – I am able to practice the above core values to help to improve myself and also my team collectively. I would like to resolve to hold more positive emotion in my heart, I want to be calmer, less angry and more gracious as a person :) All Is Well!

No comments: