Saturday, April 13, 2013

Belong Commit Tammin To Cunderdin

Work Tales - Celtic shares this with me this week. Celtic drop by at Stewart’s house over the weekend and they have a chat together. Apparently, Team Baz is not in a very good condition. The team is not united, they lack strategic & tactical outlook and daily competencies. Life under the Japanese is tough & rough. Every day is being filled with meetings. Their workload is piling up non-stop. Not sure whether the Japanese really want them to do it or have the evil intention to make them suffer & they will quit eventually. They even have exams on ethical conduct. Tempers are flying, bitterness have sunk it, in-fighting have also occur. They are also working longer hours now and have to bring their work back home. For D31, both of the Plastic & Furniture categories have been dropping drastically. One of the big Plastic Manaufacturer have also closed down their account. Stewart is hoping that Celtic can help out and do something about it. Stewart also complains about Jonas. Jonas has the most complete team in the division, but no results to show so far. Jonas is like waiting for things to happen…not so sure what is going on and has no initiative. Both Jonas & Lee Nee have very expensive salary (even outpace Stewart’s). I also don’t want to say or critize anybody. I am also a non-performer. I also have no results to show so far :) I also understand Jonas’s position and have sympathy for Jonas. It has been a struggling period for the both of us. Anyway, I also don’t know how true this is. Celtic can be manipulative at times, tweaking it to Celtic’s agenda.

My mind has also already made up anyway. I’m definitely leaving if there are new opportunities knocking at my door. Now, what Leonardo says or scold every day, it’s like going into my left ear, coming out from the right ear. OMG, since when I became like this :) I don’t even feel paiseh when I can’t answer to Leonardo why my department sales drop. I know that Leonardo have been pressing the panic button more frequently than needed. I understand Leonardo’s concern – the percentage to close the gap is kind of far off as to compare to the other departments. To me, the budget looks unbalance in G13. I never understand how could the Stationery Department sales participation is bigger than the Furniture Department. But of course, I can’t give such a feedback to Leonardo. I don’t even feel shy when I told Leonardo that I’m lost when we were discussing the Cold Storage assortment review. I know that I should not have said such a thing :) I was not even embarrassed when Leonardo have to re-do all of the Christmas confirmation template. Previously, I would feel guilty about it, now I don’t even feel that :) I also don't understand...such a big company but no proper protocol in place. Compare to our competitors, we are only big is because due to the number of outlets that we have. But other than that, in terms of merchandise, planogram, logistics, operation - we are indeed nothing. Of course, there are pros & cons. I have tried, but this environment is certainly not for me :)

I don’t want much. But I know what I want, when I want it and then maybe I’ll have seconds :)

No comments: