Sunday, April 14, 2013

Old Lady Of Turin


Malaysia Women Marathon 07.04.2013 – iCity Shah Alam – 8KM

A little bit of disappointment there – I only manage to clock in at 1 Hour and 20 Minutes. Considering I did well in last month Brooks Marathon 10KM which I finished off at 1 Hour 26 Minutes. Well, will train harder for my next marathon then :)

This is the first Women Marathon in South East Asia and it was fun. It is only exclusively for women, men who were participating were acting as their pacer. As this is quite new, the crowd was not that big, I find it to be just nice and credit has to be given to the Race Director Miss Karen Loh for doing an awesome job. It was so much better that the Brooks Marathon. All of the lanes on the road were closed, thus giving the runners more room to run, overtake etc. Thumbs up to the PDRM Shah Alam for coordinating the traffic flow so well. It is also inspiring to have The Marathon Woman – Kathrine Switzer; the women responsible for women running in a marathon. She was the first women to officially enter & run in the Boston Marathon that was being dominated by men during that era. Her entry created an uproar when the then Race Director at that time attacked her in mid-stride and tried to remove her from the event. Sisters, we ran and made history that day. It is also very nice to be running in my own backyard :) It was convenient that the water station was frequently position at every 2KM. On the downside, I think I should have not stop at all of the water stations and drank so much. With my body loaded with so much of water, I think it slow down my pace a little :) So, I end up doing a bit of running here & there and was in a walk around the park mode.

Also bump into Edward (during the race pack collection day), Jules, Lofti, James & Grace (on race day). As usual, my legs are now in pain :) but I love it. I love how I feel after a good workout. Even though, my legs are like jelly, the ankles felt like swollen and the body feel like about to collapse but I’m glowing with endorphins.

Baby steps towards my first 21KM run next year!

No comments: