Saturday, October 08, 2005

Black Sheep

I was called to The Director’s room on Tuesday morning – I’ve got the 50% of what I wanted and The Director got the other 50%; so its fair game. I will stick to my original plan – I will lay low for now and I will definitely step up when the time requires. And I hope I will not screw things up. People here are complex, their actions are complicated and sometimes I wonder what goes through their minds. In the boardroom, they will take out their samurai swords & cut you into pieces. Boss’s coalition remembers every mistake you make, the people you hang out with, the words you speak – all these are their ammunition; they will open fire if the need arises. And I don’t have any shield nor self-defense weapons. That explains why I am so delicate & conscious. But why I’m still around? Because there are so many things for me to learn! The prime reason I’m staying.

On Friday evening, checkmate! Boss won. The Director promoted Guillermo and Joachim. The dark horses fell, Boss’s alliances (all of them) are in higher-up rank now and they ambush & encircle Seth and Juan. What a beginning! Boss is slowly monopolizing the division and I feel like I’m on the chopping board right now. Boss is now The Queen.

For me there is nothing to lose. I’m here to learn and M13 is paying me for that. If there is still opportunities and space for me to grow, I would love to stay. I don’t strive for perfection; I strive for growth, I strive for development and I strive for improvement. Boss’s coalition has said enough bad things about me behind my back (probably in front of The Director) – I don’t give a damn. I do expect people to say good things about me & I do expect people to say bad things about me. I know what my flaws are, I’m not afraid to admit them and I will try to get them fix. I will not be 100% perfect but the gap can be narrowed. If I screwed up, fine – maybe this is not for me, I will move on but it has been an experience. I don’t mind being kicked out if I’m not performing but I do mind if I’m kick out due to other people’s doing. Why all this competitive politics happen? Because nepotism, power & greed have been embed into the culture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yowza. that sounds like a tough week. office politics is only interesting to me when i'm not directly involved. heck, i don't even like to be indirectly involved. it's something everyone has to live with, i guess.

still up for the UN?