Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eternal cycle of viral infections

Lunch Date – had lunch with Drew, Trix, Damian & Celtic. Haven’t seen Drew in ages. But he is still as charming as ever, funny, eloquent and so much fun to talk to.

Dinner Date – Miss Klein is back and she’s back for good! :) Torres, Ping, Wyatt, Trix, Damian & Celtic were in da’house. We ate a delicious meal and there was so much of merriment over the food, drinks, conversations, jokes and laughter. I feel truly blessed to know all of these people.

Work Tales – I’m MAD. But there is nothing much I can do. I’m not in the Top 6 priorities. Moving forward I can sense that Iron Butterfly and Rufus will provide their strong support and the availability of the already limited resources to the Top 6 categories while remain hopeful that the other categories will remain where it is with a slight improvement and do not tip the whole scale off. Iron Butterfly even scrap off my June event to give way to Matte-Marit’s category :( I am furious! Shocked! Why??! I could cry about it, which I did. I could laugh about it, which I did. I could curl up into a ball and wish I would disappear and I did that too - but I didn’t disappear :( It hurts to wake up in the mornings that usually begin with a sharp breath of panic whilst my brain tries to sort through the layers and layers of assumed realities. I take it one day at a time and I try and open my heart but everyday it’s such a battle. Honestly - the phases I go through sometimes, about wanting to achieve something, to better myself - is perhaps that because all of my fellow comrades are getting ahead of me. I’ve to constantly remind myself that we’re not on the same boat. They are managing everyday fast-moving categories and I’m not. Consumers are spending more on food and on the basic necessity. Are they willing to buy bicycles? Fitness items? Camping items? Big value items? Even the Appliances Department sales have drop drastically.
Nonetheless, I’m feeling as happy and content as I’ve ever felt in my life. I’m not sure what it is. I’m just so relaxed and quietly satisfied about everything. I will continue to voice out, remain vocal and break through every single block that Iron Butterfly puts in my way. As business begins to slow down; I've been braving myself for the reality of growth. Growth? Well; it's getting to be a lot more than I can handle at this point. It's getting a little bit overwhelming to have my mind working in a million directions. A long and winding road ahead.

No comments: