Sunday, August 09, 2009

Exploit my talents


My Album of the year! :)
I love all of the 11 tracks in this CD :)
My favorites are 'The Show', 'Skipalong', 'Don't Let Me Fall', 'Trouble Is A Friend' and 'Dangerous & Sweet'. I love the unique, quirky, simple, arty & grass-roots lyrics and the indie, happy, poppy & not so main-stream sound. She's pretty, she's original, love her voice texture, her sense of style and most importantly; when she sings...she projects the right emotions. Not to mention, she have this super-relax, uber COOLNESS about her. Definitely the essence of her music! Lenka reminds me of Alanis Morissette - minus all of the anger of course :)
Baby Sis manages to get some free passes from FlyFm to catch Lenka's mini showcase at 1 Utama, New Wing. Emcee for the day was the lovely & hilarious duo of Ben & Phat Fabes (minus Nadia) who entertains the crowd effortlessly. They are basically 2 young guys who are good looking, charming, sweep everyone of their feet by talking about all kinds of crazy stuffs.
The first opening act was by this Singaporean male artiste by the name of Ariff...or was it Aliff? Then it was followed by our very own songstress - Amy Mastura.
Finally, Lenka & her band appear on stage and the young crowd went wild with excitement. Some parts of the performance were upmarket and stylish, but overall it was very cool, laid-back, arty, grungy and have an independent vibe to it. And the assemble were very cute as well; bringing their cute handicraft & small plush toy to decorate the small stage. Stylish and personalized :)
Her fans were happy, sparkly-eye and full of energy. It was thrilling, rewarding, pleasing and overwhelming for me. This is my first time after all; attending such a showcase :) Yes, I'm very ketinggalan in everything :)
In the meantime, I'll enjoy my weekend, and not look forward to Monday! :(
But I feel like the months just zoom by; thanks to the infamous thing that's called "WORK".
*Make a new dream, Yingze. Make a new dream*

1 comment:

c said...

i totally know how you feel about weekends, and mondays. i go through the same routine week after week. sometimes, i wonder if everything is just slipping by.