Friday, February 12, 2010

Operation Shape-Up

Wondering when my performance review will come back from my boss (Rufus), with his comments and my big boss (Iron Butterfly) comments. I was outright blunt during the whole process. Whether they are going to give me an assistant or not - it doesn't matter to me anymore. As long as I can take one more step a day, I will shoulder on. If I can't...then my journey ends here :) I love my job very much but the shortage of manpower and the amount of paperwork really irritates me to the max because at the end of the day, I end up doing a lot of administrative work and not strategic tasks. The weight is unbearable; I'm broken & damage :) They didn't get a new Toys & Luggage buyer - instead Rufus took on the job and I have to cover for him. Don't get me wrong - I'm not selfish. As a matter of fact, I'm a very strong team player. But I can only do these much. I'm no superwoman.

What goals did you reach last year? What have you acheived? What are you working on for this year? What are you hoping to accomplish? What are you inspired to try out?
I did well in all areas except for not delivering the sales results as per the company's budget & expectations. I have acheived a lot as I have lay the foundation in terms of assortments building, branding, implantations and advertisements. Even my competitors are copying me. This year, I'm exploring a new territory - Big Fitness. I hope it can bring in more sales & build up the category. Make the category sales in line with RM2.6million. However, there is this HUGE rock in front of me right now; blocking my way to turn the plan into a reality. I can't even breath :( I am inspired to...to find a new job :) either in the retail line or in the other industry but related to Communication, Business & Media :)

I'm still young. I will experiment. I'm trying new mechanics as much as possible. I'm exploring. I'm being adventurous & bold. Because of my age - if I want people to trust me, if I want to earn the respect - I gotta know my stuff, my numbers - and that means a lot of hard work. If I want to follow my own voice - I got to find that voice; and support it - build my case before I can shout out. I don't have to fight everything. Fight for something that's worth it. I shall pick my fights accordingly. And most of the time it helped - to be ready to say - that I'm sorry - I'm wrong. And most importantly; I have to learn the way people work - before I try and change things. It's all about keeping a nice fine balance of being open minded, knowing when to push and when to stand back. Our potential is limitless. We are truly fortunate enough, to live in an age where we are so connected, so full of ideas, energy, opportunities and control. And to think, all it takes is ACTION. A few days of consistent, addictive action. Only a few days...and we can have so much immeadiate positive changes in our lives.
I will have faith in myself and have faith in GOD. He will not let me down.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one that is most adaptable to change" - Charles Darwin

No comments: