Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tomm Taw

This movie is real sloooooow.
Simple story line – about a woman; figuring out what she wants out of life. First, she flew to Italy, where she spent 4 months eating and enjoying life. Then to India, where she explored her spirituality. And finally to Bali, Indonesia, where she found love. It’s a rites-of-passage movie for the women. Ok, everybody has a journey, a moment in their life when they need to redefine who they are and what they are looking for. But realistically, how many of us can drop everything and go away for so long & just like that?


Eating In Italy – Rome is all about living in the moment; something that all of us tend not to do very well. Eating is a ritual for Italians. Italian culture has everything to do with food. One thing I learn from this movie is that the food feeds the soul. The food not only makes us full but it nourishes us. We must romance our food :) and we must master the meaning of 'Dolce Far Niente' – the beauty of doing nothing :)


Praying In India – We must be at peace with ourselves...we must forgive, forget and move on. And again, I love India for its colors :)

Loving In Indonesia - Fairytale endings are like it is; fairytales. I think a relationship CAN get better just by simply being WILLING...willing to try...willing to learn...willing to give...willing to forgive and accept...willing to do...willing to love...willing to listen...willing to read a self-help book to improve & seeking professional help!

After a 55 hour week, I honestly just want to be at home in my bed. I suppose I am worn-out about everything. I should be scheming, working hard & climbing up the corporate ladder, but I’m not that way inclined either. In fact, I’m just jaded with the working world that I want to Eat, Pray, Love :)

No comments: