Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Million Little Pieces






Chill Out, Subang Parade - Beer & Pizzas with Natalie, Sumen, Damian & Tin Min :) It has been so long since we gather together like this. The cold Heineken pint & the food are great, although not that excellent. I’m not a big drinker. I don’t crave for alcohol and I certainly don’t enjoy the hangover the next day. Not to mention, I have the Asian gene that turns me into a bright red lobster if I drink too much :) But with the hot weather hovering around, the cold beverage helps to cools down the blistering temperature. The setting is laid-back & open. The service is fantastic. It wasn’t the best meal I’ve ever had. But the dining experience was wonderful. For me, it was the company that made the difference. With these friends; conversations, jokes and laughter flowed non-stop and I have heaps of fun. Sometimes I forget that I need a weekly dose of good company. I need to chatter in that senseless girl-way :)





Life in the city is busy.
Busy busy busy till sometimes we don’t know how and when to stop for ourselves. People always say “Stop and smell the flowers”. But do we really know what that means? Ever since 2 years back, I’ve learnt how to slow down at certain points in my day so that I don’t lose the plot and go work-crazy. I always remind myself to make a conscious CHOICE to do the things that will keep some sanity of mine in tact and remember what’s real in LIFE. I don’t want to be one of those people who have nothing to talk about but work. (How booooring right!)

1 comment:

C said...

yep i have that gene too. turn red after downing a pint.

half pint even. but i find that if i sort of nurse my pint then i won't turn lobster red, just a hint of pink.

but you're fairer than my so maybe??