Sunday, June 26, 2011

a swansong appearance

For the past 1 week, I have been sick; the usual running nose, sore throat & cough – and seriously, being unwell is certainly no fun. It slows down a person’s thoughts, processes and movements. Presently, I’m recovering…nonetheless, whenever I fell sick…automatically I’ll be in a reflective mode and start to remind myself what life is all about. I have always believe…that me falling sick…is not because of the sick season where all of the bacterias & germs & viruses are spreading all around so freely…but also due to the work stress & anxiety :) Yes, I know that I need to take better care of myself…not only for myself, but also for my family.

I know that life is far beyond what we do to make a living. I am better at balancing my life right now compare to when I first started out…maybe this is because as my age is catching up…I have become a little wiser :) Having a strong work passion is good…everyone need to have a passion for something. We need to consistently pursue it, explore it, develop it and improve it at all times. But we also need to prioritize it – and for the past 1 year, I have learn to put this crazy passion of mine aside for a moment and use the time for something else that is more important. I don’t define success. I’m grateful that I have done a few things that are deemed successful and have made some contributions for the betterment one way or the other. But it boils down to just being in the right place at the right time with the right people. Surely; GOD’s blessings, determination and commitment play a big role too.

Sometimes, I wonder - why do we let life get in the way of living? Life catches up with you, you know. Yet, we rarely have the spare time. And the weird thing is why do we keep that much coveted outfit/scented candle/pair of shoes/piece of crockery/the special jewelry etc only for special occasions? We should take it out, wear it out...why wait? As crappy as my day may be and as grumpy as I might get, every day is a special day nowadays. I never truly appreciated the phrase ‘Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last’ until now.

I'm just thankful to be here full stop :)

No comments: