Sunday, July 03, 2011

Bliss is within you, not outside of you





Staring out at the grass - I know that this is weird… but I do take this sort of Me Time activity (one of it) very seriously. I usually do it in the morning before I leave for work, while driving or when I’ve been stuck to the computer for hours on end, and at times I will try to find the opportunity to walk away to chill out for a bit :)



Deadlines are deadlines, and a couple of minutes aren’t going to kill or bring down the whole network of suppliers & stores. It only takes about 1-2 minutes to just stare out to the green for awhile, and just think about what I’m looking at.
Like Oh! Look at how green the grass is!
Look at the beautiful sunshine today!
What wonderful weather we have!
What an awesome puddle that is to jump in!


The birds are flying so freely!


The open space is so calm & soothing!
How lucky I am to just have this MOMENT and be IN IT :)



And besides, it helps to freshen up the tired eyes and keeps them healthy too :)



It’s a bit crazy I know…but it helps me to look at nature and to think of all that I have, instead of all of my impending deadlines and whatnot bla bla bla bla bla.
[Note: Staring out of the office window into the blue sky doesn't help as much; it's a bit depressing cos you feel you want to be outta there! But still it does help a little bit]



I always try to slow myself down these days and try to enjoy the moment. By having this Me Time, I feel very happy and peaceful. I felt balanced :)



And I have learned that the grass isn’t greener on the other side of the fence. The grass is greenest where it is watered :)

No comments: