Saturday, August 04, 2012

be open. be curious. be kind.


Work Tales – I have come to this conclusion. That everywhere is the same, we will face the same sets of problems, encounter the same sets of issues, going through the same sets of obstacles, experience the same sets of challenges…the only difference is where or which situation is more severe or less severe to be in :)

I am also very surprised (and totally unexpected) that this year I will have to re-start my career twice. The first was during the 1st January of this year, I was promoted as D33 Division Manager. Doing Leisureware (Bicyle, Camping, Sports & Nautism) was ok for me because I used to do them in 2008. But I never did Toys & Luggage before. Then half-way through the year, I moved to G13 and am now currently doing Stationery. This is also one of the reasons why I was hesitating to move on. I know that it will be mentally tiring for me, I have to move out from my comfort zone again, I have to try new systems & processes, I have to be more adventurous, no more routine work for a while, no more predictable things all the time. Yet, I want to explore new things and have new experiences but it was hard for me to let go. I was fighting, arguing, negotiating, struggling internally. There was this mixture of sheer excitement & anxiety, the lack of sleep and the serious commitments ahead. Another reason was that I know that I will always be compare to Jonas who has 8 years of experience on the job. That is why I am always managing Leonardo’s expectations of me :) I am as busy as ever but I know that my life isn’t bad; it’s just my day that is. Starting all over again in a new place was a huge wrench for me, I was plagued with self-doubt but thank GOD that I’m doing fine at the moment :) Thank You GOD, Praise To The LORD, Bless You GOD.

No comments: