Monday, August 20, 2012

#FIND.GREATNESS.


OVERTIME – it was a great Friday’s night out with Stewart, Celtic, James, Tyan, Victoria & Stephanie :) Being in the company of these fellow adults, sharing experiences, swapping stories – absolutely a good therapy for me. We have beers & bar food (fish & chips). There were laughter, happiness and the sounds of clinking glasses. Everyone was talking. Eating. Chilling out. Nothing. The best thing ever :)

We still get along well despite the fact that Celtic & myself have moved on to join their competitors. To me, these are the good people cum office buddies that are always there for me when I needed them; during my good times & some bad times. They laugh with me. IN GOOD TIMES. And then during my bad weather days, they will stand there with advice and allowing you to vent out your frustrations. The toughest stages in my career life with the French was when I first started out with them in 2008, during the new stores opening, during the old stores revamping process, those challenging closing & numbers issues period – I am very thankful to have them; especially to both Stewart & Celtic. They taught me humility. They taught me that no matter how high an education that I had and how well I was doing in my work then, I still have a lot to learn about being an entrepreneur, managing the business & people and behaving business & age-wise appropriately :) They taught me patience. I don’t mean patience with emo attitudes and rude comebacks. I meant patience for everyone; including myself to grow up, to try new things, to experiment and to challenge myself continuously so I won’t be too comfortable in my own comfort zone phase. They taught me kindness. I learnt to be a good team player, being good to the people around me and always be there for them no matter what. No matter if they were kind or mean. Rude or sweet. Considerate or thoughtless. They taught me sacrifice. I learnt to push aside all of the things that I wanted to do, in exchange for all the things that we could do together as a team and to look at the business in a bigger picture. They taught me determination. I learnt to believe that I can do anything when I have set my mind on it. And I can. And I did. They taught me pride. To do so well in Leisureware during my 2008 tenure & managing the Furniture portfolio in 2010 – it was such an achievement. What did I say? 2011 has been an epic year for me! :) I did have the potential to be a good Division Manager and I did. I think I have my time during 2011. Now, is to bring back that touch into G13 :)

These are the things that will bring tears to my eyes. I know that when I sit down and think about the struggles that I’ve been through over the seasons, these memories - it will be emotional. Sometimes it takes some shit to happen for us to realize who truly cares. And to those, I am really grateful. To the others, I won’t be putting my eggs in that basket anymore :)

No comments: