Monday, August 20, 2012

*Everyone.Can.Bolt.


It was Liverpool’s first match under their new coach Brendan Rodgers…and they lost 3 – 0 to West Brom :( I know…it’s an uphill task to build back the team. We can't turn around a team in a speedboat's speed. My realistic expectations are for the club to be in the Top 4 this season, to qualify for the Champions League and to do well in their home win. It takes time.

I think I am in a very similar position as Rodgers himself. Rodgers is managing a football club while I’m in the corporate world. Both of us are starting out in a new place with such a strong & rich history, to re-adapt & re-learn in a new environment, to managing new people, to building back the business by going back to the basics, consolidating & capitalizing on the strengths of others, eliminating unprofitable assets & liabilities. The both of us have our first games and this race is going to be a very long marathon. This week is already my second month with G13. When I encounter setbacks, struggles & frustrations – days like that hurts and I know that there will be other days like this as well. There could be plenty of more bumps in the long road ahead. I have heard a lot about being patience but I know that at the end of the day, I have got to win games as well. I also do know that I will be in a lot of pain as I chased my dream of winning the Gold. Learning to lose gracefully also takes time :)

Nonetheless, I thank GOD for all of the goodness and blessings in my life :)

"You think this is just another day in your life. It’s not just another day. It’s the one day that is given to you, today. It’s a gift, it's the only gift that you have right now and the only appropriate response is gratefulness. If you do nothing else but cultivate that response to the great gift that this unique day is, if you learn to respond as if it were the first day in your life and the very last day, then you will have spent this day very well. So I wish you that you would open your heart to all these blessings and let them flow through you. That everyone whom you will meet on this day will be blessed by you. Just by your eyes. By your smile. By your touch. Just by your presence. Let the gratefulness overflow into blessing all around you. Then it will really be a good day" - UnKnown

No comments: