Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Change Ahead


Came back from the Southern Stores visit; covering a total of 9 stores which comprises of Kulai IOI, Nusa Bestari, Tampoi, Plentong, Skudai, Southern City, Ulu Tiram, Leisure Mall and Pulai Utama. For this second time around, even though there were a few surprises, but I am no longer surprise because I’m already numb to a certain extent and is already well aware and well prepare of what are to be expected :) We exchanged many good feedbacks with the store people, they do have the strong inputs to further strengthen the department and I will implement those one by one.

Nonetheless, the annoying part of the trip is when Alice keeps on reminding everyone about the past and bringing out Jonas name frequently. Some things just can’t be avoided. Yeah, Alice is a close lunch buddy of Jonas. I can only chuckle along the way. This really doesn’t help me to settle down well but I am determined to. I don’t deny that Leonardo has lost a world-class Stationery Buyer and that Jonas is difficult to be replaced. Jonas has showed everyone all of the good qualities of an excellent buyer. Jonas was outstanding in many ways. It’s clear that Jonas is a great player and obviously Leonardo would all have preferred it if Jonas has stayed put. But of course Juan Carlos bought Jonas at that mature age as that quality is not easy to find on the market. Last year was wonderful here for Jonas but before that I am sure Jonas too, took some time to settle down as well. Just like me, I have a good run in 2011, but throughout 2008 to 2010, I took the time to learn, to establish myself. I am just asking that Leonardo & the people to be a little patient with me. I am not here to make people forget about Jonas because Jonas has made beautiful things here, sort of like a mini-legend but I just want to bring something new on the table. However I am under no more pressure than that because if I think about that when I go onto the attacking mode, I will then play with the handbrakes on. I know that G13 is a great company and needs a Buyer who is ready & efficient quickly. I need exposures to get my confidence up and it is up to me to succeed. G13 and the people it’s a completely different atmosphere compare to the French and certainly the pressure is also going to be different as well. I know that I may lack something in the sharpness, the quality, the accuracy areas but I am not going to give up yet :) A promise to myself. I know that I am strong. I am happier, livelier and more grateful than ever before.

"It’s never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

No comments: