Sunday, July 28, 2013

Born Weird

Faith & I were having a conversation a few months back. We were talking and talking and I don’t know how all of a sudden, the conversation that we were having ends up about boyfriends and relationship topics. Then, Faith began to be very emotional and she breaks down and cry in front of me because, all of her 29 years – she never have a serious boyfriend, she have not even dated somebody at all in the first place. She tried everything, she change her image, puts on make-up, try to be more girly, learn new things - but it just didn't work. My only piece of advice to her is that the right time & right man will show up one day. I’m not even an expert here. I was a late starter on the romantic front too. And it didn't turn up well because I am still single :) Meanwhile, I told Faith to be happy and just do whatever you want to do. The whole ‘boyfriend’ thingy is not the cake; it is only the cherry on top of the cake. There is so much more to life. Maybe, I am compromising on my views – but at least, I can move forward, I am not being tied down, I don’t think about it, it is not a burden to me yet and it doesn’t affect my daily life.

I'm a hopeless romantic with an optimistic outlook on life. I'm looking for someone who is kind, passionate, loving, honest, independent, funny, loyal and intelligent. My perfect match is someone who is comfortable in his own skin with a high degree of emotional intelligence. And who gets my sense of humor. I don’t deny that I quite like having somebody to cuddle with, it would be wonderful. It’s a big responsibility dating me. Because I come with a little bit of baggage. And also my emotional & confidence recovery. I guess that's why I'm afraid of marriage. Weary of commitment. Because since I’m not good at it, how am I going to hold on to it. And they have to make me laugh! :)

No comments: