Sunday, July 28, 2013

Friday, I’m in love


Last year, I had an island holiday in Tioman Island – this year, I had another tropical island adventure in Redang Island, Terengganu. Last year, I joined Turkey Ham & his Dreamland Team. This year, it was with Turkey Ham plus new acquaintances – Siew Ann, Jason Ante, Moe, Christopher and Dive Instructor Edwin. Initially, Turkey Ham and I wanted to take our diving license together…but I chicken out at the very last minute :) so, I just join the group for the weekend gateway. The fear in me is just too much. No doubt, I was also slightly annoyed with myself because one of my deepest, lifelong aspirations is not advancing to fruition. I was happy that they manage to get their license in the end. Seeing Jason Ante having severe headache whenever he comes out from the water and puking in the sea & Siew Ann pulling out from the team at the very last minute because she can no longer go on…well, I guess I didn’t make the wrong choice after all. It was euphoric and I was exploding with a sense of pride, happiness that Turkey Ham manages to do very well overall and that is what I called sibling-hood.

I truly enjoyed my time there. We stayed in a dorm. We shared a room. I slept at the top of the bunk bed. Meals are provided – breakfast, lunch, tea-time & dinner. I went snorkeling. I walked on the beach. I explore the surroundings. I took lots of pictures. I have glorious afternoon naps on a hammock under the shady coconut trees. To be out from the office is great. I smiled and found my happy place once again. In the simple details of life. I remembered just how different life can feel…by slowing down. It's nice to live life with minimal care. Ultimately, it makes my life full and joyful. I'm thankful for that. To Stop. And to smell the air, in my case. As long as I get some time to myself, I’m happy :)

No comments: