Monday, September 09, 2013

Nang, Gin, Kui




Finally Ursula opens her mouth and start to talk to me. She called me over the phone. It’s like she didn’t want people in the office to see her entering my room or me being in the same room as her. Whatever. We went through some stuff together. I gather that Ursula is a control freak. Ursula actually runs through, cleans up and decides the department's every permanent and promotion assortment. Ursula wants her own people to control the Master File & Ordering part. Ursula holds a very tight ship. Ursula was jovial throughout the whole conversations but her words; there are double meanings to it. I pula buat bodoh. I didn’t want to say the wrong thing or anything that can put Leonardo in jeopardy. I didn’t want Ursula to have any ammunition against Leonardo or put Leonardo in a bad light in front of The General. The past is already in the past. We have to move forward. Different manager have different personalities and different way of managing things. I was also very upfront with Ursula. I am indeed overload, I am off the track, I am raising the white flag now, I have pressed the panic button…I welcome her critics and any changes that Ursula intends to bring to the department to make things better. I admit...I failed.

Ursula is also very careful with me because I am from the opposite gang. I also told Ursula that I will be lying if I say that I didn’t hear any bad things about her previously. However, to be fair; I only hear one side of the story and not the other side. I also believe, with the position that Ursula is in, she have to do what she have to do. The action may be nasty but who knows…it was kind intention after all. I know...I was an ex-Division Manager. Ursula also told me subtly to mind my own business. I guess she is afraid that every single conversation that we have, I will share them with my gang. We see each other as an enemy from within. It’s very tiring that I have to be mindful and careful of my choice of words and actions all the time. If Ursula wants to kill me, she can do so immediately. All she has to do is to put words into my mouth and kutuk me in front of The General. With such tactic, if I die, I also don’t know I die of what :)

No comments: