Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time To Tarik



J___ I think your coming promo lines seem weak. Better changes to stronger lines. Please look at top 100 skus and see if u cook out something and look at display in ge…put some effort on qty buy in…they are going to kill u today…!!!

What is this? Ursula trying to scare me is it? Every Wednesday, I will have my Leaflet Presentation meeting. A day before, I have gone through the list with Ursula. I have to say that Ursula; she is really good on the job. She gives me a refreshed perspective. Leonardo only knows – this item is not good, not meeting the criteria, take it out. Ursula will teach me to emphasize on market share, branding, dollar value, find merchandise that can be display at GE (gondola end), palletize or offer bins. Bulk display.

So, after receiving the message – I was comptemplating – whether to listen to my small voice or Ursula’s big voice. If I listen, then Ursula can say that I am not firm with my decision. If I don’t make any changes – I will be label as a rebel, over-writing her decision. Banyak susah.

So, in the end…I didn’t make any changes. I don’t know how Ursula feels. From the outside, she looks fine to me. Maybe in the inside, I already started the fire. But Thank You GOD, Praise To The Lord, Bless You GOD – the whole meeting went well, without any hiccups. Only this Barry, keep throwing questions at me; thus making the whole situation awkward. The ones that I cannot answer, I apologized and I say that I don’t know the answer and I will check on it. Then, the perli starts to happen. Barry was testing me…asking me whether I know what the English advertised over the weekend. Luckily, I got the answers correctly. Then, Barry perli Ursula that her CM know better than her. Ursula already lost face at this point of time. Then, I propose to sell a color file @ RM5; with a gondola end display. Earlier on, Leonardo was out from the meeting room and now came back in. Barry ask Leonardo – how much does Leonardo think is the promotion price for the file will be – Leonardo answered RM6.99. Then, this Barry go and perli Leonardo that Ursula is going for RM5. Ursula was happy but Leonardo was not. This Barry is making the both of them at logger heads. Buat lawak & buat wayang. And I am stuck in the middle.

No comments: